Friday, January 2, 2009

The Road & The Radio


LiFe..........

I remember when I was Younger,We were always told that we could be Whatever We Wanted to Be. For A long time,I never really believed that.. Which seems odd when your 13 and unaware of the world. I always knew i wanted to work with people but found my nitch @ Van Michael,it was a great learning experience and My parents have been great supporters for me and this career choice. Which I am not abandoning by any means. I am however doing for myself what i feel is best to do as this time in my life. It's 3:02 pm on the 2nd day of January,2009. I quit Van Michael,& Will Become a Nanny for a plastic Surgen with 3kids! Before you go and call me absolutley insane. I would like to state the fact that i'm 22,and have my WHOLE life ahead of me...Literally,I'm a bit scatterbrained @times and love going on trips,my friends,having fun,I love People... &&& As much as i LOVE hair,(and will continue to do it sometime in the future) for awhile i just lost myself,and i sit here,with no phone b/c I'm obsessed with my Sister Heather and Her baby! Which to me seems crazy b/c I can honestly say she is one of my BEST friends now. Anyhow,A big phone bill came in the mail. like i said. I make mistakes!
ANyhow,For the First time in my life i wasn't happy... & I couldn't even pretend to be happy. & If i fooled you,Maybe i should be an actress. (NOT)
However,I am a VERY DETERMINED PERSON! VERY!
Example.... The dierks bentley concert. May (2008)Free tickets,Lawn seats,just 2 normal girls walking into a huge LAKE amitheater w/determined hearts. (long story short,I end up on back stage,then on Stage w/miranda lambert,then, on the HUGE big Screen in front of 3000,while dierks himself is holding my HAND and singing to me........ ( that's not just luck)

I guess I feel it's important to be happy in life,and I'm not quitting something I love because i'm lazy or im just bored and wow this is difficult. If you've never been unhappy it's hard to explain the way i felt,I just know it wasn't right for me!
So....Monday morning @6am. I will take in the care of 3kids who i know,and enjoy and begin a new start,with new and Good Goals,financially,physically,and most important,Mentally! I hope it's understandable for most but for some you can say being a nanny is not a career choice.and you know what'I couldn't agree with you more. It's a Way to Make money,Save Money,and for me the best way to Start the new year! -----I will continue to do hair,and eventually go back to a salon. I would love to do hair in L.A.! But for now,I wanna LIVE this LIFE and not be miserable!
&Hope that My family and friends understand that I will be Successful because i am Determined!
More than I probably even show....



3 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey, I think this is a great explanation of what you are doing and why. It's nice to see it all laid out like this! Congrats on making a big decision for your life and good luck accomplishing your goals. You know you can count on me to help you get there.

Proud of my lil sis,
Hannah

Jacob said...

Hey Jen,

Glad to see you are willing to make bold moves in order to do what you think is best. I have had a hard time with that in the past, and I probably should be considering another one now. Keep up that determination and only good can come of it. I love you, and I will help you out any way I can.

Jacob

Meg said...

You made the right decision. If you hate your job, it's always time to re-think things. I think being a nanny would be awesome! I'm proud of you. It makes me sad that you were so sad. I bet it will get better though.